Thursday, March 31, 2011

Searching?...

Hide and Go Seek: A lessons we learn as kids
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. (Proverbs 25:2)

Once upon a time (because all good stories start with "once upon a time") growing up one of my favorite games to play with my friends was hide and go seek. Nothing beat spending recess time or a weekend afternoon hiding in the craziest places or finding my friends who thought they could out-smart me by hiding behind a parked car or some other random place. There was something about the thrill of searching after friends in hidden places and being the hidden one - being so still as to not give away my position but ultimately being found because after all... hiding gets boring after a while...

*Fast Forward to Adulthood*

Being at a place in life where you aren't quite sure what the next move in life to make is a lot like playing Hide and Seek with God. God knows all and loves to hide things but He desires us to search out our next steps in life as kings would search for some great thing worthy to be found and revealed. While the search might seem intimidating at times, there are a few things you can be sure of:

His answers are never in a dangerous place. God hates sin. So His answers for your life would never be found chasing those things. Even though His unfailing grace can save us from getting caught up in the wrong things, it's never His desire to seek those things first.

His hiding places are never dangerous but they may be difficult. Sometimes we might have to really really do some searching to find out an answer. This could mean overcoming our own contradictory thoughts, achieving a seemingly impossible goal or obstacle, or even just weathering a storm and giving things time. Like I said before, hiding isn't the funnest thing to do once you've been hiding for a while. Those things that He wants to reveal to you, He really wants you to know!

Finding an answer means seeking in the direction of Him. It's so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of options and microwave-ready quick fixes but God's path requires diligent persistence towards Him.

So with that being said... I hope you find what you are searching for! He already knows where it is but it's in a safe place. If all else fails, peep the bonus coverage and get lost!


Bonus Coverage: Mute Math - Control


Take control of the atmosphere
Take me far away from here
There is no better loss than to lose myself in you
In a parachute to glide, I am captive in your sky
Surrender has somehow become so beautiful

Take control of the atmosphere
Take control of the atmosphere
You can take my world you can fill the air
Take control, take control

Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender

Move me up through the darkest clouds
Till I've lost in the sun every shadow of doubt
There is no better find than to find myself with you
In a fog you are all I see
I'm inviting you closer with each time I breathe
Surrender has somehow become so beautiful

Take control of the atmosphere
Take control of the atmosphere
You can take my world you can fill the air
Take control, take control, take control, take control

Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender

Take control of the atmosphere
Take control of the atmosphere
There is no reason I should breathe unless you're in the air
Take control

Such a beautiful surrender
Such a beautiful surrender
And I'm calling out
Would you take control
And I'm calling out

No comments:

Post a Comment